- Goods & Gear
GT's Gear for Good Times Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. MANY WILL ENTER; FEW WILL WIN.A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The GT's Gear for Good Times Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, or Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older (or the age of majority in their respective jurisdiction of residence). Employees (their immediate families, including parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents, and household members, whether or not related) of Sponsor, its advertising or promotional agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or in behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"), are NOT eligible. Void where restricted or prohibited, and subject to all federal, state, provincial and local laws.
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Sweepstakes constitutes
entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and
Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this
Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on August 28, 2018, at 8:00
am EDT and ends on September 9, 2018, at 8:00 am EDT (the "Sweepstakes
4. HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, using your Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook account (each an "Account"), follow @GTBicycles. On the first day of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will post an announcement of this Sweepstakes. Like the Sweepstakes post, comment on it, and mention a friend in your comment to submit one (1) "Entry".
a. Twitter: Log into or create your Twitter account. First, if you haven't done so already, follow @GTBicycles on Twitter. The Sponsor will Tweet an announcement of this Sweepstakes. Follow the directions to submit one (1) Entry in response to the Sponsor's Tweet. Your account settings must be set to "unprotected" and/or "public" in order for your Tweets to be viewable by Sponsor. Creating a Twitter account is free, but is subject to its terms and conditions (https://twitter.com/tos). If you post updates to or receive updates from www.twitter.com via SMS from your wireless phone, message and data rates may apply. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
b. Instagram: Log into or create your Instagram account. First, if you haven't done so already, follow @GTBicycles on Instagram. The Sponsor will post an advertisement of this Sweepstakes. Follow the directions to submit one (1) Entry in response to the Sponsor's post. In order for your Entry to be valid, your Instagram profile must be public and thus viewable by the Sponsor. If you do not have the Instagram App, you may download it through the application store on your mobile device. Your post must be consistent with Instagram's terms (http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms/#). Posting a photo on Instagram requires a mobile device and message and data rates may apply.
c. Facebook: Visit https://www.facebook.com/GTBicycles/ and log in or create your Facebook account. Online accounts are free but subject to the terms of service at https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms. The Sponsor will post an advertisement of this Sweepstakes. Follow the directions to submit one (1) Entry in response to the Sponsor's post.
By posting your Entry, you agree that it conforms to the guidelines and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may remove your Entry and disqualify you from the Sweepstakes if it believes your Entry fails to conform.
Participants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and may also delete any entry received from persons under the age of thirteen (13) in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from any recognizable individuals who appear in the Entry to use their names and likenesses in the Entry and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may not be included in an Entry with a photo or video. If requested, entrant must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
Limit: Each entrant may post, Tweet or comment on Facebook one (1) Entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Entries; all of which will be void.
5. SPONSOR'S USE OF ENTRIES: Posting, or commenting on an Entry constitutes entrant's consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such entries in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Entry.
6. SWEEPSTAKES RANDOM DRAWING NOTIFICATION: After the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor
will randomly select ten (10) winners,
from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. For the
avoidance of doubt, the content of an entrant's Entry will not be taken into
account as part of the drawing so long as such content is in compliance with
these Official Rules, including the Guidelines, Permissions, and Content Restrictions
in Section 3 above. Random drawings will be conducted by Sponsor, whose
decisions are final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential
winners will be notified via direct message on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and
given instructions on how to contact Sponsor through email to claim their prize
(subject to skill-testing question if applicable). Each potential winner must
reply to the winner notification from Sponsor and include his/her mailing
address and/or email address within forty-eight (48) hours. If the potential
winner is not reachable at the address and/or email address provided and a
forwarding address and/or email address is not made available, or if prize notification
is returned as undeliverable, then the prize will be forfeited and an alternate
potential winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion. The odds of
winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the
7. SWEEPSTAKES PRIZES: There will be ten (10) prizes awarded for the entire Sweepstakes Period. Each winner will receive one (1) GT Factory Racing replica jersey in Men's size XS-XL, subject to availability (Approximate Retail Value "ARV" of each prize, $50 USD, ARV of all prizes $500 USD). No cash in lieu of any prize or prize component will be awarded except at Sponsor's sole discretion. No substitution or transfer of prize or any prize component permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize, or any component thereof, of equivalent value. All applicable federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of each respective winner. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost or stolen prize packs, nor for unavailability due to circumstances beyond their control of any component of a prize.
8. PUBLICITY: Acceptance of a prize shall constitute and signify
each winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the
winner's name, city, state, likeness, photo, Entry, and/or prize information in
connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising, or other
purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised,
including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment,
notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by
9. GENERAL RULES: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the person in whose name the identified Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter account was registered. Sponsor will send the potential winners an affidavit of eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release ("prize winner documents") within three (3) days of notification before a prize is awarded. If a potential winner fails to return the completed prize winner documents within three (3) days, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question if a Canadian, or if the potential winner is ineligible, the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner may be selected, at Sponsor's sole discretion, from all eligible entries received. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (whose decisions are final and binding in all respects), to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with the Official Rules, and that Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, redemption, or use of any prize or related activities; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse and/or defects of the prizes awarded herein; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, internet service provider used in entering or operating the Sweepstakes; interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to entrants (or any third person's) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects and/or any other error or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of one of the Sweepstakes Entities. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from your participation the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Sweepstakes Entities, and hereby acknowledge that said Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a prize.
10. DISCLAIMERS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an un-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other problems beyond the control of Sponsor and award prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
11. DATA PROTECTION/PRIVACY: Information collected by Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes is subject to Sponsor's privacy statement located at http://www.dorelsports.com/privacy-policy/ and applicable data protection laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data by Sponsor for purposes of the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission to Sponsor to use the winner's name and likenesses for promotional purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Except as otherwise provided herein for the use of certain winner information, personal information collected by Sponsor from each entrant will only be used for the purpose of the Sweepstakes.
12. RULES & WINNER'S ANNOUNCEMENT: The
names of winners and/or Rules will be posted on http://contest.gtbicycles.com and on
Sponsor's Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter pages. The winner list will be
posted after winner confirmation is complete.
13. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Cycling Sports Group, Inc., 1 Cannondale Way, Wilton, CT 06897.This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, nor associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor, and that by entering the Sweepstakes, you release Facebook, Inc., Twitter, Inc., and Instagram, LLC from any claim regarding the Sweepstakes.